Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org> on 2016/05/05 09:07:21 UTC

Oak 1.5.2 release plan

Hello team,

I'm planning to cut Oak 1.5.2 next Monday the 9th of May.

There are currently 3 blocking issues. If they will stay so, the load
will be delayed. If they are not really blockers, please set them as
something else.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-4246
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-4278
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-4279

If there are any objections please let me know. Otherwise I will
re-schedule any non-resolved (non-blocking) issue for the next iteration.

Thanks
Davide

Re: Oak 1.5.2 release plan

Posted by Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org>.
I removed the 1.5.2 fix version from those issues.

The main reason I put them there is to mark those issues as blockers for
releasing oak-segment-tar as the default segment store. I now made them
blockers for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-4247, which in
turn is tentatively scheduled for 1.5.4.

Michael

Re: Oak 1.5.2 release plan

Posted by Francesco Mari <ma...@gmail.com>.
In my opinion, all of those issues can be postponed to a later release. The
three issues are introduced by the introduction of the oak-segment-tar
module and their resolution affects oak-segment-tar and no other module in
Oak.

Two solutions are possible. First, we could lower their priority to
critical. Second, we could remove 1.5.2 from the fix version and leave 1.6
only. I'm personally in favour of the first solution, but I would like to
hear the opinion of Michael and Alex as well.