Posted to dev@chukwa.apache.org by Ariel Rabkin <as...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/29 07:34:47 UTC

which hadoop jars to use?

Hi all.

So it looks like we're now hardcoding which hadoop jar to use in
chukwa-config.sh -- we always use the ones in hadoopjars in preference
to trying to autodetect, and we hardcode the versions we want. Is this
a stopgap, or a permanent measure?

--Ari

--
Ari Rabkin asrabkin@gmail.com
UC Berkeley Computer Science Department

Re: which hadoop jars to use?

Posted by Ariel Rabkin <as...@gmail.com>.
This isn't entirely true.

If you look at agent.sh, it uses HADOOP_20_JAR, only. Which is
hardcoded in bin/chukwa-config.sh.
That script also sets HADOOP_18_JAR, which as near as I can tell is
used nowhere.

Also.  Can we document some of our Hadoop version discoveries?  It's
not at all obvious from the current admin guide that the processing
cluster needs to be running 0.18, and that the cluster being monitored
ought to be 0.20.

--Ari

Re: which hadoop jars to use?

Posted by Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com>.