Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by un xeer <un...@hotmail.com> on 2023/02/28 13:44:03 UTC

Use CLI mode CANNOT continue after a sampler error

Hi,

She is JMeter 5.5 Binaries. when use GUI mode, She can continue after a sampler error, and I can get error logs  in View Results Tree. But using CLI mode, I can't get error logs. Looks like her action is Stop Test after a sampler error.

Thanks
unXeer

Re: Use CLI mode CANNOT continue after a sampler error

Posted by Dmitri T <gl...@live.com>.
un xeer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> She is JMeter 5.5 Binaries. when use GUI mode, She can continue after a sampler error, and I can get error logs  in View Results Tree. But using CLI mode, I can't get error logs. Looks like her action is Stop Test after a sampler error.
>
> Thanks
> unXeer

The behaviour should be exactly the same, it doesn't matter whether you
run your test in GUI or in non-GUI mode. The fact that you don't see
"error logs" might be connected with the fact that by default JMeter's
.jtl results file
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/jmeter/JtlFiles> is
configured to not to store response data.

If you want to see the response data in the .jtl results file - you can
either switch JMeter to save results in XML format and choose what do
you want to store using JMeter Properties responsible for Results File
Configuration
<https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/properties_reference.html#results_file_config>
or add a listener like Simple Data Writer
<https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#Simple_Data_Writer>
and configure what and where to store there.

More information: How to Save Response Data in JMeter
<https://www.blazemeter.com/blog/response-data-in-jmeter>

You can also check jmeter.log file
<https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/get-started.html#logging> for any
suspicious entries.