Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Vlad Palnik <vl...@gmail.com> on 2023/05/14 22:46:43 UTC

James Server JPA Guice Service (systemctl)

I am trying to set up James as a service on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS. I ran the
spring version of James before upgrading to the latest Guice version. There
was a simple way to start and stop James using a script. Is there a
graceful way to stop the guice version of James that systemctl can call?

Thanks for your help,
VP

This email and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
sender immediately by return email, delete this email, and destroy any
copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than
the intended recipient is unauthorized.

Re: James Server JPA Guice Service (systemctl)

Posted by Benoit TELLIER <bt...@apache.org>.
Hello Vlad,

No, so far the project do not provide out-of-the-box systemctl integration.

Though writing a bash script to start | stop James should be trivial.

We could also supply packages targeting sample distributions eg debian...

Best regards,

Benoit