Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Douglas Ferguson <do...@epsiia.com> on 2006/09/12 23:07:58 UTC

releasing a tag

Is there a way to release from a tag?

Say I have my-app-2.2.3-RC-1 for release candidate 1 and I want to
release that as my-ap-2.2.3

If I check out the tag and do a release, mvn is going to want to commit
pom  changes to the tag, which it I don�t want it to do.

Any other way to do this?

RE: releasing a tag

Posted by Douglas Ferguson <do...@epsiia.com>.
Totally...

However, I think I might check out the tag, edit the pom then, tag the working copy.

D-

   - deploy (this is what mvn release:perform does from the tag)

Does it address your need ?

Re: releasing a tag

Posted by Yann Le Du <le...@gmail.com>.
Maybe you could :