Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Barry Jia <bj...@brightspark.com> on 2001/09/19 20:23:32 UTC

HELP IS NEEDED

I am trying to use james-1.3-dev, when I config it to log outgoing email to
data base, I got following exception,
Any one has any idea ?
Thanks.
java.lang.NullPointerException at
org.apache.james.mailrepository.TownSpoolRepository.accept(TownSpoolReposito
ry.java:271)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.run(JamesSpoolManager.java:194)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:77)

Barry Jia
QA Developer, Brightspark Corp.
Phone: 416-488-1999 x 306
Email : bjia@brightspark.com
20 Eglinton Avenue West, Suite 600
Toronto, Ontario
Canada M4R 1K8

solution: jdk1.3.1 / 1.4.0b2 on some linux boxes caus segmentation fault

Posted by Peter Romianowski <an...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

some time ago there was a thread on this mailinglist dealing with
segmentation fault using Red Hat (7.0 I think) and jdk1.3.1.
I am using SuSE 7.2 and the problem occured too.
A solution has been found in that thread by saying "use 1.3.0_02". That
didn't work for me (but 1.3.0_04 did :-).
At the end this is no "clean and sweat" solution, because one would like to
switch to a more current version of the jre/jdk.
And I found that 1.4.0 Beta 1/2 isn't working either (same error).
Lately I found a solution (provided by the linux-install notes of the 1.3.0
jre):
you have to limit the stack size to be used. Simple put the command
"ulimit -s 2048" (bash) in your run.sh and everything's ok
with jdk1.3.1 and 1.4.0b2. I don't know if there are any performance impacts
and other issues, but it is running fine.

hope it helps someone (who has been searching for a solution as long as I
did :-)

cheers,
pero

Re: HELP IS NEEDED

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
Can you send an example of your JAMES.conf.xml to see what you were changing
to make db logging possible?

Serge Knystautas
Loki Technologies
http://www.lokitech.com/
> Not quite sure how this is being done.  Perhaps a feature of Avalon, but
I'm

Re: HELP IS NEEDED

RE: HELP IS NEEDED

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.
I have never heard of anyone logging to a db, how are you trying this?