Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Adam Heath <do...@brainfood.com> on 2010/02/24 00:27:20 UTC

shopping cart, promo_gwp, and multiple ship groups

For a client, we are allowing end-users to create multiple ship-group
destinations.  This same client also has several promos, when if one
product is bought, you get a free gift with the purchase.

All of the above is straight forward.

The issue is when you purchase multiple of the original product,
assign different quantities to each ship group.  The PROMO_GWP action
does not take ship groups into considering, and always adds them to
group 0.  It should default to the target shipGroupSeqId of the
product it matched on.

Additionally, PROMO_GWP doesn't try to find a matching
ShoppingCartItem, and just increase it's quantity.

I'm currently trying to fix this, but I'm sending this email now, to
see if anyone else has any ideas; is this even supported?

Re: shopping cart, promo_gwp, and multiple ship groups

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On 23/02/2010, at 6:27 PM, Adam Heath wrote:

> For a client, we are allowing end-users to create multiple ship-group
> destinations.  This same client also has several promos, when if one
> product is bought, you get a free gift with the purchase.
>
> All of the above is straight forward.
>
> The issue is when you purchase multiple of the original product,
> assign different quantities to each ship group.  The PROMO_GWP action
> does not take ship groups into considering, and always adds them to
> group 0.  It should default to the target shipGroupSeqId of the
> product it matched on.

What do you mean by the "product it matched on"?
I think the user is the only one who can correctly decide which ship group the gift should be added to, any guesses we make always have the potential to be wrong.