Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Scott Russell <sc...@hotmail.com> on 2006/01/04 07:05:47 UTC

Guaranteed order of PageBeginRender

I am finding problems with the use of PageBeginRender.

If you use the listener on nested components as well as the nesting page, one
would expect the nesting page's PageBeginRender to be called first, then that
of the nested components, from outer to inner. However, it appears that the
inner components are called first before the page.

This causes problems because I want to initialise some page properties within
the page's PageBeginRender, which the nested components rely on. At the
moment I am getting NullPointerExceptions because of this event ordering.

Shouldn't the PageBeginRender listeners be called outer to inner? Or is there
another way to avoid this sort of problem?

regards,
Scott