Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Savitha Devi Inbasekaran <Sa...@smartek21.com> on 2014/03/18 17:52:29 UTC

Installing Apache OOzie in Amazon EMR

Hi All,

Is there any document or link to install Apache Oozie in Amazon EMR. I followed the steps in the link http://pkavuri.blogspot.in/2013/08/oozie-installation-is-simplified.html for installation.

I got struck with the error when starting Oozie :

ERROR: Oozie could not be started

REASON: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/util/ReflectionUtils

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Savitha

Re: Installing Apache OOzie in Amazon EMR

Posted by praveenesh kumar <pr...@gmail.com>.
If you read the comments from the page link you have send, you should be
able find your answer. People are having similar issues as yours and they
have resolved this by copying hadoop core and commons-configuration jar
files, I guess in OOZIE_HOME/lib.

Regards
Prav

Posted by Purshotam Shah <pu...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Looks like hadoop jars are not in libext folder.

Make sure that you do steps 10,11.

10. Create libext folder under $OOZIE_HOME (mkdir libext)

11. Copy all jars from $HADOOP_HOME & $$HADOOP_HOME/lib to newly create
libext folder (cp $HADOOP_HOME/lib/*jar $OOZIE_HOME/libext/. & cp
$HADOOP_HOME/*jar $OOZIE_HOME/libext/.)