Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Brad <ja...@javawork.co.uk> on 2008/01/17 10:39:14 UTC

Intermittent node modification error

Hi all,

I'm having an intermittent problem when moving files in Jackrabbit
using WebDAV. Basically, I use Java WebDAV client methods to load
files into an initial storage error on the server. Upon successful
processing, they are moved to a permanent storage area, once again
using Java WebDAV client methods.

Everything works fine until a another process kicks in to removed
expired files from the storage area. At that point, the first process
described above chokes with this error:

12:53:41,609 ERROR [DavResourceImpl?](http-0.0.0.0-8080-8) Error while
importing resource: javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException?:
27504da5-6 aac-400b-a8b0-a277a5472b03 needs to be saved as well.

I've read through some similar issues on here and I'm guessing its
some sort of concurrent access/jcr locking issue. If that is the case,
I'm wondering how I can avoid this when using only the WebDAV
interface?

If anybody could point out where I'm going wrong it would be a big help.

Thanks,
Brad.

Re: Intermittent node modification error

Posted by Brad <ja...@javawork.co.uk>.
Forgot to mention, I'm seeing this error using version 1.4.