Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Brandon Ehle <be...@pipedreaminteractive.com> on 2002/11/22 21:05:59 UTC

Subversion Performance Tracking

Updated the Subversion Performance Graphs.
QuickLink http://www.pipedreaminteractive.com/svn/gig/elapsed.html
All Results http://www.pipedreaminteractive.com/svn/

Import performance has gotten a little quicker this week.  Everything
else is about the same.

I'm currently investigating tools for tracking IO bottlenecks relative
to CPU slowdown.  The best tool I've found for gathering this kind of
information is cachegrind, a version of Valgrind that does performance
statistics.  There is also a GUI for cachegrind called kcachegrind that
generates pretty graphs.

KCachegrind (check out the TreeMap Call-tree Visualization screenshot)
http://kcachegrind.sourceforge.net/

Re: Subversion Performance Tracking

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net>.
Brandon Ehle <be...@pipedreaminteractive.com> writes:
> I'm currently investigating tools for tracking IO bottlenecks relative
> to CPU slowdown.  The best tool I've found for gathering this kind of
> information is cachegrind, a version of Valgrind that does performance
> statistics.  There is also a GUI for cachegrind called kcachegrind
> that generates pretty graphs.

Thanks; let us know what you find!

(And don't hesitate to file issues, of course.  I think we're more in
the data-gathering phase regarding performance issues right now.
Excepting really major issues and really easy ones :-), most
optimizations will probably happen after 1.0.  Right now correctness
is the bigger concern.)

-K