Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Thomas Eibner <th...@stderr.net> on 2002/10/18 23:35:52 UTC

Re: SSL <-> mod_gzip <-> mod_perl = mod_proxy error

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 09:46:38PM -0500, Nigel Hamilton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	I'm trying to hand all SSL requests to a backend mod_perl server
> with mod_gzip installed for compression.
>
> 	This means that SSL content is pre-compressed by the backend
> server before being encrypted by the frontend (Mini How To - below).
>
> 	Apparently mod_gzip and SSL on the same server will not work -
> this is why I need to pass the request to a proxy to handle the compression.
>
> 	So ... a request on https://turbo10.com:446/index.html (server A)
> passes to http://turbo10.com:44300/index.html (server B).
>
> 	The file is compressed by server B and passed back to server A for
> encryption and tranmission to the client.
>
> 	This works fine for static files.
>
> 	.... BUT ....
>
> 	Mod_perl scripts seem to fail:
>
> 	https://turbo10.com:446/cgi-bin/splashpage1.cgi
>
> 	The log reports:
>
> [Mon Oct 14 21:33:25 2002] [error]
> proxy:http://turbo10.com:44300/cgi-bin/splashpage1.cgi not found or unable
> to stat

Something tells me that the proxy isn't handling this, have you double
checked that the proxy server is actually sending the request to the
mod_gzip enabled server?

--
  Thomas Eibner <http://thomas.eibner.dk/> DnsZone <http://dnszone.org/>
  mod_pointer <http://stderr.net/mod_pointer> <http://photos.eibner.dk/>