Posted to dev@deltacloud.apache.org by David Lutterkort <lu...@redhat.com> on 2011/02/01 00:21:46 UTC

Re: about billing info

Hi,

On Mon, 2011-01-31 at 01:23 +0800, 王锋 wrote:
> hi, friends.
>

>   I just saw the things you are working. I found the text :
>

> Billing info: define a model and API calls to represent billing
> information and the billing model of the cloud. The aim is to make it
> possible for clients to find out how much and why they are being
> charged for current resource usage, and to enable them to make what if
> computations. Since none of the public clouds support that, needs to
> be done carefully in conjunction with some of the open-source players,
> especially RHEV-M .
>

> The info  will be added in project "Deltacloud". but I 'm not see all
> about it. Because i think the billing info may be just about billing
> email for the clients or users(isvs) .And for the PAAS now , this may
> be realized early,So why you still redo it ?  Or you are making the
> new things about it. pls tell me .

The information you quote above is from the roadmap, i.e. from the list
of items we will work on in the future. As such, there's nothing
implemented yet about billing info.

The idea though is to give users fairly fine-grained access both to
their usage data (this instance used x hours of compute, y GB of network
in etc.) and the billing model (1 compute hour costs $0.012) that
clients can estimate their bills and run simple what-if calculations
("if I launch these instances in cloud X, how much will that cost per
month")

David