Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by James Turton <dz...@apache.org> on 2022/02/15 14:59:17 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Next RC Question: Merging DRILL-8122

I'm fine with the Kafka plugin fix (8122) if people want it in RC4, but
not with the Jackson-BOM.  Jackson is a pervasive library and, for all I
know about what the implications are for the effective library versions,
this change could produce runtime regressions not revealed by our unit
tests.  As far security gains go, the most vulnerable version of Jackson
that we ship is shaded into a fat jar by Htrace and so not correctable
by the BOM.  So my view is that this change can wait until we unfreeze,
I doubt that users would see a difference.