Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/11 03:26:30 UTC

Websphere descriptors

I want to start working on the ability to migrate apps deployed on
Websphere onto TomEE. Can anybody give me some guidance on how to get
started on it?

--

Karan Singh Malhi
twitter.com/KaranSinghMalhi

Re: Websphere descriptors

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi Karan...

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 10:09 PM, Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mohammad,
>
> I did some initial research into what kind of config files are available in
> WAS. Seems like configuration is split in multiple files (.xmi files). Will
> continue to explore. I'd say version 6 and 7 would be the targets.
> Objective is to
> 1. Allow easy migration from WAS where folks can simply drop a EAR into
> TomEE
> 2. Have TomEE read the WAS configuration and spit out its own corresponding
> configuration which folks could use after migration.
>
> Any input or guidance would be great

Thats true, the problem I faced with WAS is that their specific deployment
descriptors are dispersed among different ones. IDK if I can really help or
not, ate time wise, but for sure if you have any questions I would like to
know them maybe I can consult friends who are still using WAS for help of
input.

Re: Websphere descriptors

Posted by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mohammad,