Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com> on 2003/02/02 17:23:14 UTC

Re: Gentle transition to db.apache.org

On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 18:39, Jason van Zyl wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> As part of the move to db.apache.org I would like to move the repository
> location on the cvs machine from /home/cvs/jakarta-ojb to
> /home/cvs/db-ojb.
>
> You will have to do a fresh co, or write a little script to change the
> CVS/Repository files from jakarta-ojb to db-ojb.
>
> Whenever all of you are ready just let me know and I will move the
> repository.
>
> Also in the works is the movement of all users and developers to the new
> mailing lists. The same format as we have now except the host address
> will be db.apache.org instead of jakarta.apache.org.
>
> Once we move the CVS repository and the mailing lists. I will generate
> the site and get it in place.
>
> There is no dire rush for any of these things so take your time and let
> me now when you're collectively ready to make the move.

Ok, when I said gentle I didn't mean 3 weeks.

There still is no dire rush but I would like to move the repository over
to the new db.apache.org infrastructure.

I would like to move the repository and undoubtedly there will be some
burps but I'll be at home this week so now would be a good time to move
things over.

+1

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: Gentle transition to db.apache.org

Posted by Thomas Mahler <th...@web.de>.
Hi Jason,

+1

I was planning to assemble a new release next weekend. So if everything
works fine it will be a db.apache.org release already!

cu,
Thomas

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@code-au-lait.de>.
+1
great work! (Jason, now typed right ;-)

Armin

Posted by Oleg Nitz <on...@ukr.net>.
+1
I am ready

Oleg

Re: Gentle transition to db.apache.org

Posted by Jakob Braeuchi <jb...@gmx.ch>.
checked in my local changes, so i'm ready now.

+1

jakob

Re: Transition to db.apache.org

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@code-au-lait.de>.
Hi Jason,

I'm able to checkout db-ojb, but when try to commit
an error occur

**** Access denied: Insufficient Karma
(arminw|db-ojb/src/java/org/apache/ojb/broker/singlevm)
cvs server: Pre-commit check failed
cvs [server aborted]: correct above errors first!

Did I do something wrong?

Armin

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 09:50, Armin Waibel wrote:
> +1
>
> please post a short message before you start with
> the move of CVS.

The move has been made. I actually copied the contents of jakarta-ojb to

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@code-au-lait.de>.
+1

AW: Gentle transition to db.apache.org

Posted by Florian Bruckner <bf...@florianbruckner.com>.
+1

I have not local changes yet and am waiting to do a fresh checkout from our
new home.