Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> on 2006/02/03 23:16:33 UTC

Re: svn commit: r374754 - in /httpd/site/trunk: docs/ docs/mod_smtpd/ docs/modules/ xdocs/ xdocs/mod_smtpd/ xdocs/modules/

On 2/3/06, soc-rian@apache.org <so...@apache.org> wrote:

> +    <tt>mod_smtpd</tt> started it's life as a 2005 Google Summer of Code project
> +    its life being developed and maintained by Rian Hunter with help from the httpd
> +    developers.

Ok, now we're seeing this both in the mod_mbox and mod_smtpd web
pages.  This is supposed to be a community project, ASF projects don't
have lead developers, and they don't generally go out of their way to
assign credit like this, that's normally kept to the CHANGES file and
the svn commit logs.  Putting this sort of thing on the web pages
seems quite inappropriate to me.

-garrett

Posted by Rian Hunter <ri...@MIT.EDU>.
On Feb 3, 2006, at 5:36 PM, Paul Querna wrote:

> Garrett Rooney wrote:
>> On 2/3/06, soc-rian@apache.org <so...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> +    <tt>mod_smtpd</tt> started it's life as a 2005 Google Summer
>>> of Code project
>>> Berkes</strong> with
>>> strong>. It continues
>>> +    its life being developed and maintained by Rian Hunter with
>>> help from the httpd
>>> +    developers.
>> Ok, now we're seeing this both in the mod_mbox and mod_smtpd web
>> pages.  This is supposed to be a community project, ASF projects
>> don't
>> have lead developers, and they don't generally go out of their way to
>> assign credit like this, that's normally kept to the CHANGES file and
>> the svn commit logs.  Putting this sort of thing on the web pages
>> seems quite inappropriate to me.
>
> +1.
>
> It is perhaps notable that it was _started_ as a SoC project, but
> the rest of it can most likely be nuked.  We do have some similar
> language under http://httpd.apache.org/ABOUT_APACHE.html too.
>
> -Paul

+1 I used mod_mbox as the model for the mod_smtpd page. Excuse my
ignorance.

Rian

Posted by Paul Querna <ch...@force-elite.com>.