Posted to user@geode.apache.org by John Blum <jb...@pivotal.io> on 2019/05/07 19:32:04 UTC

Spring Boot for Apache Geode 1.1.0.M1 Released!

I am pleased to announce the release of *Spring Boot for Apache Geode*
(SBDG) 1.1.0.M1.

See the official release announcement here:
https://spring.io/blog/2019/05/07/spring-boot-for-apache-geode-pivotal-gemfire-1-1-0-m1-released

The 1.1 Milestone 1 (M1) release primarily rebases SBDG on the latest and
current (GA) of Spring Framework 5.1, Spring Boot 2.1, Spring Data
Lovelace/2.1 and Spring Session Bean/2.1.  Additionally, since SDG Lovelace
is based on Apache Geode 1.6, SBDG has been rebased on Apache Geode 1.6.

This 1.1 version will quickly progress to GA by end of May, beginning of
June.  I am planning 1 more milestone (i.e. 1.1 M2), which will include
dedicated support for *Inline Caching*.

After M2, there will be a 1.1 RC1 and then the final GA, again, roughly end
of May, beginning of June timeframe.

At that point, you can expect a early 1.2 M1 release, which will rebase
SBDG on Spring Framework 5.2, Spring Boot 2.2, Spring Data Moore/2.2 and
Spring Session Corn/2.2, all currently in development (i.e. no GA versions
yet).  SD[G] Moore/2.2 is currently based on Apache Geode 1.9.  SBDG will
then be all caught up with the Spring ecosystem.  The 1.2 M1 release will
roughly occur mid-June.

-John