Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2002/06/03 12:01:14 UTC

Who's dumping builds on forrest-dev?

I'm the moderator of this list and I've received a number of 'build
dumps' that are sent directly to the mail list.

I'm didn't allow them or reject them, but I don't like this. It's way
too much useless data. The nag should fire *only* when there is an error
"a-la GUMP" not everytime.

Until this is fixed, no build message will go thru.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: Who's dumping builds on forrest-dev?

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
From: "Steven Noels" <st...@outerthought.org>

> > From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:nicolaken@apache.org]
>
> > <military-style>
> > Yes sir!
> > </military-style>
>
> Now pick up your toothbrush and start cleaning that source repository!

ROTFL!!!  :'-)

I love you guys :-)

            - verba volant, scripta manent -

RE: Who's dumping builds on forrest-dev?

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
> From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:nicolaken@apache.org]

> <military-style>
> Yes sir!
> </military-style>

Now pick up your toothbrush and start cleaning that source repository!

</Steven>

Re: Who's dumping builds on forrest-dev?

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
From: "Stefano Mazzocchi" <st...@apache.org>

> I'm the moderator of this list and I've received a number of 'build
> dumps' that are sent directly to the mail list.

<military-style>
Yes sir, I've set up forrest-bot to send them, as agreed with Steven.
</military-style>

> I'm didn't allow them or reject them, but I don't like this. It's way
> too much useless data. The nag should fire *only* when there is an error
> "a-la GUMP" not everytime.

<military-style>
Yes sir!
It was decided to do this for these first runs, to make all aware of the
build running, sir.
Builds are hourly but this is sent daily, sir.
</military-style>

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
> From: Stefano Mazzocchi [mailto:stefano@apache.org]

> I'm the moderator of this list and I've received a number of 'build
> dumps' that are sent directly to the mail list.
>
> I'm didn't allow them or reject them, but I don't like this. It's way
> too much useless data. The nag should fire *only* when there
> is an error
> "a-la GUMP" not everytime.
>
> Until this is fixed, no build message will go thru.

I fixed the crontab entry on our server - no messages anymore. I assume
this has been a test from Nicola who has access to the automated builds
environment.

</Steven>