Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Ahmed Sobhi <ah...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/11 21:46:21 UTC

Clear results from Zeppelin notebook json

Hello,

I have a use case where I need to export Zeppelin notebooks without the
results being cached in them.

I tried clearing the output, which results in the UI removing all the
outputs but when I export the cleared notebook and have a look at the
generated JSON I can still see lingering data in the json file. More
specifically, there are still result objects in paragraphs and they do have
textual and table data.

I'm using Zeppelin 0.5.6.

Any ideas what might be happening here or if this is an intended behaviour?
--
Cheers,
Ahmed

Re: Clear results from Zeppelin notebook json

Posted by Ahmed Sobhi <ah...@gmail.com>.
I could not reproduce with 0.6.0.

I reran several trials again with 0.5.6, and it now works as expected.

I was trying both exporting, and checking the notebooks directory at the
same time and that got me confused where directly grabbing the notebook
json from the notebooks directory didn't seem to always reflect the current
state of the notebook.

I'm guessing Zeppelin maintains the notebook in the memory for a while
before deciding to flush it to desk.

Thanks for your input Vinay.

Posted by Vinay Shukla <vi...@gmail.com>.