Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tim Funk <fu...@apache.org> on 2024/02/07 17:52:09 UTC

Re: Operation not permitted errors [EXTERNAL]

Crazy wild guess looking at the stack trace ...
> sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:107)
> at sun.nio.fs.UnixCopyFile.copyFile(UnixCopyFile.java:283) at

A snoop of sun.nio.fs.UnixCopyFile shows its calling the system call
utimes() or futimes()  (probably utimes) - And the CIFS mount
doesn't support that.

A quick test would be to write a "1 liner" java program that uses
java.nio.file.Files.copy with paths in that CIFS  mount

-Tim