Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Ali Akhtar <al...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/11 01:27:37 UTC

Being asked to use frozen for UDT in 3.9

According to
http://docs.datastax.com/en/cql/3.3/cql/cql_using/useCreateUDT.html

>  In Cassandra 3.6 and later, the frozen keyword is not required for UDTs
that contain only non-collection fields.

However if I create a type with 4-5 all text fields, and try to use that
type in another table, I get told to use frozen , even though I'm on
cassandra 3.9

>  show VERSION
> [cqlsh 5.0.1 | Cassandra 3.9 | CQL spec 3.4.2 | Native protocol v4]

Any ideas?

Re: Being asked to use frozen for UDT in 3.9

Posted by Jonathan Haddad <jo...@jonhaddad.com>.
No, you can't.  Keep in mind parts of the primary key are immutable, so
there would be no usability difference between a frozen UDT in your PK and
a non-frozen one other than the frozen keyword.

Posted by Andrew Tolbert <an...@datastax.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Haddad <jo...@jonhaddad.com>.

Posted by Ali Akhtar <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ali Akhtar <al...@gmail.com>.