Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Corbin, Ken" <Ke...@summit.fiserv.com> on 2002/06/26 00:15:22 UTC

RE: AutoDeploy redeploy option doesn't seem to be working in 3.3. 1

After fixing a dumb configuration problem, everything is working fine as long as we place the new war file in webapps like a reasonable person would.   However, we have a build process that builds the war somewhere else, so I tried adding a line like
<AutoDeploy source="/International/INTL/shared/lib" target="webapps" redeploy="true" />

This does absolutely nothing when placed in server.xml with the other AutoDeploy tags.   When I put it in our ui-apps.xml tag, it makes an attempt to purge and redeploy the application, but something always goes wrong.  Sometimes nothing ends up in my app directory except the WEB-INF subdirectory.   Sometimes things look OK, but the standard localization message service fails.  When I copy the same war file to webapps and remove the extra AutoDeploy configuration lines, everything works just fine.

So obviously I'm going to change the build process to copy the file to where Tomcat expects it to be and ignore all of this.