Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/19 08:21:40 UTC

How do define optional dependancy

Hi All;

I want to add  a optional jar dependency.

I have add a sourceModification to exclude the code if the jar is not
presents. I want the build to not fail if the jar specified is not in
the
repository.

I look for two things

a) some way to say that dependancy is optional in project.xml file
b) way to affect the classpath the code compiled and tests are runs in
a pre goal

pls let me know anyone know a way to do it

Thanks
Srinath

p.s. I search the mail archives, do not found what I looking for