Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Song Han <so...@yahoo.com> on 2003/03/10 20:10:55 UTC

Question regarding serialization/deserialization

Hi,

I'm new to SOAP/web services so please tolerate me if
my question looks naive. Supposed I'm
serialize/deserialize an object containing an ID
(integer), a name (string), and a value (double).

I guess I am supposed to serialize it to somthing like
this:
<myobj>
  <id>23</id>
  <name>nnnn</name>
  <value>11.111</value>
</myobj>

But of course I could serialize it as:
<myobj>23$$nnnn$$11.1111</myobj>

As long as my serializer and deserializer works with
each other I guess the second approach works just
fine.

But the second one can hardly be called XML. Can
someone tell me what is the disadvantage?

http://taxes.yahoo.com/