Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by rk...@charter.net on 2013/04/29 22:58:31 UTC

Permissions

I look in the name node log and I get the following errors:

2013-04-29 15:25:11,646 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation:
PriviledgedActionException as:mapred (auth:SIMPLE)
cause:org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission
denied: user=mapred, access=WRITE, inode="/":hdfs:supergroup:drwxr-xr-x

2013-04-29 15:25:11,646 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server: IPC Server
handler 6 on 9000, call
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.ClientProtocol.mkdirs from
172.16.26.68:45044: error:
org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission denied:
user=mapred, access=WRITE, inode="/":hdfs:supergroup:drwxr-xr-x
org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission denied:
user=mapred, access=WRITE, inode="/":hdfs:supergroup:drwxr-xr-x
         at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.check(FSPermissionChecker.java:205)
         at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSPermissionChecker.check(FSPermissionChecker.java:186)

When I create the file system I have the user hdfs on the root folder.
(/). I am not sure now to have both the user mapred and hdfs have access
to the root (which it seems these errors are indicating).

I get a page from 50070 put when I try to browse the filesystem from the
web UI I get an error that there are no nodes listening (I have 3 data
nodes and 1 namenode). The browser indicates that there is nothing
listening to port 50030, so it seems that the JobTracker is not up.

Re: Permissions

Posted by shashwat shriparv <dw...@gmail.com>.
The user through which you are trying to run the task should jave
permission on hdfs. just verify that

*Thanks & Regards    *

∞
Shashwat Shriparv