Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com> on 2007/01/26 13:12:08 UTC

M7 status

On the weekly call Tue 23 January, I proposed that we reduce the scope of
the release defining criteria for M7 and delay it's release by 1 week until
Feb 5th to allow time to finish off the remaining 'release defining' JIRAs.
This proposal was accepted by those on the call and minuted.

The outstanding M7 JIRAs that are marked as 'high' priority were all part
of the release defining criteria for M7 and their status is now:
WODEN-47 generic extensions methods (deferred)
WODEN-54 Interface unit tests (M7)
WODEN-55 Binding unit tests (M7)
WODEN-56 remove internal classes from extensions pgm model (deferred)
WODEN-87 API methods to 'flatten' interface inheritance (M7)
WODEN-126 expose xs:schema element via API (M7)

The outstanding M7 JIRAs marked as 'low' priority were not part if the M7
release defining criteria and these will now be deferred to the next
release.

The two deferred high priority JIRAs, WODEN-47 and WODEN-56, cover the
programming model changes required for extensions.  This is part of a
general redesign I want to do of Woden's extensions architecture and I felt
this would delay M7 more than 1 week. So as extensions are not actually
broken, they just need improving, I proposed we defer these two JIRAs until
the release following M7.

I will update the Woden website with the new M7 release date and progress
indicators on milestone plan.

I am still expecting to complete WODEN-87 and WODEN-126 by Monday 29th Jan
and then start the release mgt cycle. Graham has partially completed
WODEN-54 and is also assigned WODEN-55.

regards,
John Kaputin

Re: M7 status

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.
+1 for the user guide. Let's keep all the documentation together and
easily accessible. If we choose to cut over to some other form for the
docs such as the wiki we'll move everything later.

Lawrence

John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com>
01/28/2007 09:59 PM
Please respond to
woden-dev@ws.apache.org

woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: M7 status

The User Guide on the woden website is probably the best place for your
documentation. I'll start doing some work on it this week and coordinate
with you.

John Kaputin

             Graham
             Turrell/UK/IBM@IB
             MGB                                                        To

                                       woden-dev@ws.apache.org
             28/01/2007 17:01                                           cc

                                                                   Subject

             Please respond to         Re: M7 status
             woden-dev@ws.apac
                  he.org

I'm planning to have all the unit tests for WODEN-54 & -55 committed by
Monday 29th also.

During the release phase I intend to submit some user documentation for
the
URI resolver as part of the M7 deliverable,
so would welcome discussion on the best place & format for that.

Any recommendations?

Kind Regards,

Graham  Turrell CEng, MBCS
Chartered IT Practitioner

             John
             Kaputin/UK/IBM@IB
             MGB                                                        To
                                       woden-dev@ws.apache.org
             26/01/2007 12:12                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         M7 status
             woden-dev@ws.apac
                  he.org

Re: M7 status

Re: M7 status

Re: M7 status

Posted by Graham Turrell <GT...@uk.ibm.com>.
+1 to deferring WODEN-47 & -56  to post-M7.