Posted to dev@atlas.apache.org by Madhan Neethiraj <ma...@apache.org> on 2017/02/02 03:38:35 UTC

Apache Atlas 0.8 (incubating) release preparations

Atlas team,

It has been about 7 months since we released Apache Atlas 0.7 (incubating) version.

We added several features/fixes in master branch during this time, including:

1. a new REST API with structured/well-defined input and output data structures. This would make it easier for applications to integrate with Apache Atlas

2. abstraction layer to access graph database, enabling Atlas to work with different database versions

3. responsive UI with less chatty calls with the server side

4. UI to create HBase/Kafka/HDFS entity instances, which enables tag-based authorization for these components

5. updated type-model with constructs like foreignKey, mappedFromRef, onDelete-cascade/update, etc.

6. simplified approach to updates types – using patch files

7. centralized error code catalog

8. performance improvements in entity create/update

9. updated QuickStart to demonstrate use of new REST APIs

I propose we make the next release of Apache Atlas – 0.8 (incubating). How about we plan to release by 2/24? This should give us enough time to close on various dev items currently in progress and go through the voting process.

Please share your comments and suggestions.

Thanks,

Madhan