Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2012/11/01 13:25:09 UTC

Re: Fuseki server installation

On 31/10/12 21:30, Kim, Soonho (IFPRI) wrote:
> Dear all;
>
> I would like to ask some favor about Fuseki server installation.
>
> I just tested an instance of Fuseki server --> http://50.63.174.75:3030/
> I created a data directory as subdirectory "dataDir". I added
> "ghi.tdb" file into the directory.
> Then, I ran the server

see
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jena-users/201210.mbox/%3CCAAmnGJPd0Vh48Ca9%3DA1eQ%2BWFBUahJXmcD%2By6ZoAUUPdmZ4OT7w%40mail.gmail.com%3E

which asked you about the setup.

> ===
> [root@ip-50-63-174-75 jena-fuseki-0.2.5]#  java -Xmx1200M -jar
> fuseki-server.jar --loc=dataDir /ghi
> 14:15:24 INFO  Server               :: TDB dataset: directory=dataDir
> 14:15:24 INFO  Server               :: Dataset path = /ghi
> 14:15:24 INFO  Server               :: Fuseki 0.2.5 2012-10-20T17:03:29+0100
> 14:15:24 INFO  Server               :: Started 2012/10/25 14:15:24
> GMT-07:00 on port 3030
> ====
>
> Something was wrong since I didn't get the proper response from the server.

What was the browser action?
What did you get?

http://...:3030/ is a simple plain HTML page from the pages/ directory.

Did you copy the jar elsewhere  or are you running in the unpacked
installation directory.

If you copy the jar, and you want the web pages, you need to

Or use --pages on the command line to name another directory.

> Is there any log file to check what was wrong?

that is the fuseki log file (using log4j you can send it to a file)

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 01/11/12 22:16, Kim, Soonho (IFPRI) wrote:
> Dear users;
>

> Now, I try to learn log4j to see the log file in order to find what happened in the Fuseki server.

You don't need to.  The console output is log4j - you only need change
the lo4j config if you want, e.g. to send it to a file.

	Andy

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 01/11/12 20:36, Kim, Soonho (IFPRI) wrote:
> Dear Andy;
>

> I successfully kill the existing application. Then, I restarted it using the following command:
>
> ==========
>
> [root@ip-50-63-174-75 jena]# java -Xmx1200M -jar fuseki-server.jar --update --mem /ds
>
> 13:24:35 INFO  Server               :: Dataset: in-memory
>
> 13:24:36 INFO  Server               :: Dataset path = /ds
>
> 13:24:36 INFO  Server               :: Fuseki 0.2.5 2012-10-20T17:03:29+0100
>
> 13:24:36 INFO  Server               :: Started 2012/11/01 13:24:36 GMT-07:00 on port 3030
>
> ===========
>
> Then, I try to open the URL --> http://50.63.174.75:3030/
>

> I didn't get any error message,, it keep retrieving.

You mean the browser keeps waiting for the page?

Probably you're going to the wrong IP address OR the firewall
configuration of your machine is not letting HTTP through.

Try pointing a browser at http://localhost:3030//ds/query -- you should
get an error message "Error 404: Service Description: /ds/query" and
something printed to the console.

>> that is the fuseki log file (using log4j you can send it to a file)
>
> I would like to see any error message from this. But, I can not figure out how I can see it.

It is already logging requests - default set up.

	Andy

Posted by "Kim, Soonho (IFPRI)" <SO...@cgiar.org>.
Dear Andy;

Posted by "Kim, Soonho (IFPRI)" <SO...@cgiar.org>.
Dear Andy;

I will try to kill.. :  )

Best,
Soonho

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Kim, Soonho (IFPRI)" <SO...@cgiar.org>.
Dear Rob;

Posted by Rob Vesse <rv...@yarcdata.com>.

Posted by "Kim, Soonho (IFPRI)" <SO...@cgiar.org>.
Dear Andy;

Thanks for your answers and pointing the mailing list archives as well.

>What's "ghi.tdb"?

My dataset was stored in the flat file --> http://data.ifpri.org/lod/ghi.rdf

I have read that Fuseki uses the TDB. So, I created a TDB (ghi.tdb) file from the ghi.rdf file using the TopBraid Composer and put it into under the "dataDir" directory.

I am using Jena to retrieve the data from ghi.rdf, but I am a kind of new on the TDB.

What kind of files should I have to put under "dataDir" directory?

Is the .tdb file not the right format?

> It's not clear what you are doing.  What operation did you perform?

Visit a URL?  Which?

That's a good question. What I would like to do is that I would like to see the Fuseki main screen, using my dataset "ghi.tdb". That's why I typed http://50.63.174.75:3030/.

> What was the browser action?

What did you get?

I ran the Fuseki server again. The browser just keeps retrieving...... I didn't get any error message.