Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Thomas Plant <th...@plant.systems.INVALID> on 2019/05/30 13:24:20 UTC

SSH and ED25519 not supported?

Hi,

installed guacamole 1.0.0 with MySQL database and Centos 7 as OS. I am
trying to setup an ssh connection with an ED25519 key.
On connection I get the following error:

May 30 14:10:40 Guacamole guacd[31189]: Auth key import failed: (null)
May 30 14:10:40 Guacamole guacd: guacd[31189]: ERROR:#011Auth key import
failed: (null)

Is this not supported in 1.0.0? Found following thread:
https://github.com/libssh2/libssh2/issues/39
Which says that it should work. Or do I have to compile from the git
sources?

Kind regards,
Thomas

Re: SSH and ED25519 not supported?

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
> Thanks for the answer.
>
> libssh2 has so many dependencies in Centos 7, will be hard to update I
> think.

My experience is the opposite with libssh2 - doesn't seem like it requires
all that many things installed, and almost nothing else relies upon because
most everything else uses OpenSSH instead of libssh2.

> I compiled libssh2 1.8 and installed it in /usr/local/lib. Edited the
> systemd file of guacd.service and put
>
>     [Service]
>     Environment="LD_PRELOAD=/usr/local/lib/libssh2.so"
>
> in it. But does not work. Anybody an idea how to load the new library for
> guacd?

What I usually do for CentOS 7 is try to build a newer RPM for libssh2 and
install/upgrade that - it's reasonably easy to grab the .spec file from the
SRC RPM for the distribution and just update it for the newer version.  As
I recall there wasn't much different in the build process, so it should be
a pretty seamless build.  Once you have the new rpm just "rpm -Uvh" and
you're good to go.

-Nick

Re: SSH and ED25519 not supported?

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 9:24 AM Thomas Plant <th...@plant.systems.invalid>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> installed guacamole 1.0.0 with MySQL database and Centos 7 as OS. I am
> trying to setup an ssh connection with an ED25519 key.
> On connection I get the following error:
>
> May 30 14:10:40 Guacamole guacd[31189]: Auth key import failed: (null)
> May 30 14:10:40 Guacamole guacd: guacd[31189]: ERROR:#011Auth key import
> failed: (null)
>
> Is this not supported in 1.0.0? Found following thread:
> https://github.com/libssh2/libssh2/issues/39
> Which says that it should work. Or do I have to compile from the git
> sources?

guacd relies on libssh2 for support for various SSH-related functions,
including the key formats.  CentOS7 ships with a pretty old version of
libssh2, one which I believe lacks support for the key formats you
mentioned.  You may need to update the version of libssh2 on your CentOS
install in order to get it to work properly.

-Nick