Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Huy Nguyen <hn...@broadinstitute.org> on 2009/10/21 01:53:04 UTC

cocoon 3 in jboss 5

Hi,
I'm checking out cocoon 3 in jboss 5 on Vista, and I'm running into an
error that could be related to the one posted at:

   http://markmail.org/message/hyayj7hiwq3s56ed

Little debugging seems to suggest that the error is due
to ZipFile in jboss 5 not being able to handle long file names.
This problem seems to have been fixed in spring3-CR1, but cocoon 3 code
has to be updated too.

The error I got is like this:

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
.... \cocoon-rest-3.0.0-alpha-2-SNAPSHOT.jar\META-INF\cocoon\spring (The
system cannot find the path specified)
     at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:114)
     at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:133)

This is the error I got after switching to spring3-CR1:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.cocoon.spring.configurator.impl.AbstractSettingsBeanFactoryPostProcessor.parseStringValue(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/util/Properties;Ljava/util/Set;)Ljava/lang/String;

Here are the links:

http://jira.springframework.org/browse/SPR-5120
http://static.springsource.org/spring/docs/3.0.x/changelog.txt

I would be great if you could start using spring 3-CR1 (or suggest a
patch to use it with alpha-2), and that it can run in jboss 5.

thanks,
huy

Re: cocoon 3 in jboss 5

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org>.
Huy Nguyen wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm checking out cocoon 3 in jboss 5 on Vista, and I'm running into an
> error that could be related to the one posted at:
>
>   http://markmail.org/message/hyayj7hiwq3s56ed
>
> Little debugging seems to suggest that the error is due
> to ZipFile in jboss 5 not being able to handle long file names.
> This problem seems to have been fixed in spring3-CR1, but cocoon 3 code
> has to be updated too.
>
> The error I got is like this:
>
> Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> .... \cocoon-rest-3.0.0-alpha-2-SNAPSHOT.jar\META-INF\cocoon\spring (The
> system cannot find the path specified)
>     at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
>     at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:114)
>     at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:133)
>
> This is the error I got after switching to spring3-CR1:
>
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.apache.cocoon.spring.configurator.impl.AbstractSettingsBeanFactoryPostProcessor.parseStringValue(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/util/Properties;Ljava/util/Set;)Ljava/lang/String;
>

> Here are the links:
>
> http://jira.springframework.org/browse/SPR-5120
> http://static.springsource.org/spring/docs/3.0.x/changelog.txt
>
> I would be great if you could start using spring 3-CR1 (or suggest a
> patch to use it with alpha-2), and that it can run in jboss 5.

Yesterday I looked into this issue and was finally able to solve all
problems when running Cocoon with Spring 3. Unfortunately we have to
release cocoon-servlet-service-impl, cocoon-spring-configurator and the
Coocon Maven plugin as a first step.

My plan is to get a Cocoon 3 alpha 2 release that depends on Spring
2.5.6 out of the door ASAP and one or two months later alpha 3. This
gives us some more time for the Spring 3 migrations and doesn't delay
the alpha 2 release.