Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Mark Lybarger <Ma...@CBC-Companies.com> on 2004/10/26 13:35:26 UTC

using ant to archive a file

i'm looking for an ant task that'll do something similar to VMS's file versioning.  when putting a new file out, i'd like to have the old one still there (perhaps with the ability to specify how many old versions to keep). does something like this exist?

here's my specific issue: when deploying our app, we currently backup our weblogic config.xml to config.xml.bak.DATETIMESTAMP.  this keeps the old config around for reference.  the thing is, i only need maybe 10 or so old version laying around.  this gets cluttered quickly on our cruisecontrol instance that's getting updated every hour or so.