Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Tom Gideon <th...@marchfirst.com> on 2000/05/10 21:11:50 UTC

Is anyone else having problems with the support for HTML output?  I have
tried including the tag from the subject line (in the 1.0.1 version's
samples, as well) in the xsl file and even tried using the Xerces
liaison instead of the DTM and explicitly turning off entity expansion,
neither fix my problem.

such, in CDATA sections of the xml source file.  According to the
current XSLT recommendation, using the output tag with the method
attribute set to html is supposed to preserve this markup during xsl
transformation.  Xalan is converting all the xml reserved characters to
named entities ("<" == "&lt;", etc.).  Using named entities to begin
with, in CDATA sections or regular nodes, doesn't work because the
leading ampersand just gets converted to &amp; leading to &amp;lt; and
similar output.

Is html output not supported?  Is there some other means of preserving
it that is not clearly documented?

--

T H O M A S  L.  G I D E O N
Director, Internet Development