Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Nader - Sanabel <na...@sanabel-solutions.com> on 2005/10/10 22:43:43 UTC

Strage problem with Cactus on Weblogic 8.1 with Cactus being deployed on multiple Ears on the same JVM (Windows NT)

Hello,

I have two Ears each one has a War module that contains Cactus tests, each
war has a distinct war context
When only one of the EARs, any one,  is deployed tests are found and can be
executed,  whenever I deploy both of the ears Junit tests becomes accessible
only on one of them (the first invoked one after a restart of the server)
where as test included in the other war becomes invisble and Cactus reports
"class not found exception".  Strange !!!

Your help will be very appreciated

Nader Soukouti

www.sanabel-solutions.com
Sanabel Sarl
WTC II
Geneva - Switzerland

Re: Strage problem with Cactus on Weblogic 8.1 with Cactus being deployed on multiple Ears on the same JVM (Windows NT)

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <fo...@neonics.com>.
On Mon, 10 Oct 2005, Nader - Sanabel wrote:

Hi,

Sounds like a bug (either in weblogic or cactus). Which version of cactus
are you using?

Could you try to make 2 identical ears, only containing one war each, with
different web contexts? Perhaps a small war with just one testcase..
And can you tell us if the problem is reproducible that way? If so,
can you file a JIRA issue and attach your testcase?

(this way we have a very small testcase to reproduce it).

Maybe you can also try to test this on another container (like jboss)
if you have that lying around, and see wheter it's a cactus issue or a
weblogic issue.

Thanks!

PS: I'm not too experienced with cactus yet, sorry I couldn't be of more
help so far - maybe somebody else knows if this is a known issue (checked
the archives/JIRA?)

-- Kenney

> Hello,
>
> I have two Ears each one has a War module that contains Cactus tests, each
> war has a distinct war context
> When only one of the EARs, any one,  is deployed tests are found and can be
> executed,  whenever I deploy both of the ears Junit tests becomes accessible
> only on one of them (the first invoked one after a restart of the server)
> where as test included in the other war becomes invisble and Cactus reports
> "class not found exception".  Strange !!!
>
> Your help will be very appreciated
>
> Nader Soukouti
>
> www.sanabel-solutions.com
> Sanabel Sarl
> WTC II
> Geneva - Switzerland

Kenney Westerhof
http://www.neonics.com
GPG public key: http://www.gods.nl/~forge/kenneyw.key

Re: Strage problem with Cactus on Weblogic 8.1 with Cactus being deployed on multiple Ears on the same JVM (Windows NT)

Posted by Kazuhito SUGURI <su...@lab.ntt.co.jp>.
Hi,

In article <00...@dauphin>,
Mon, 10 Oct 2005 22:43:43 +0200,
"Nader - Sanabel" <na...@sanabel-solutions.com> wrote:
nader> I have two Ears each one has a War module that contains Cactus tests, each
nader> war has a distinct war context
nader> When only one of the EARs, any one,  is deployed tests are found and can be
nader> executed,  whenever I deploy both of the ears Junit tests becomes accessible
nader> only on one of them (the first invoked one after a restart of the server)
nader> where as test included in the other war becomes invisble and Cactus reports
nader> "class not found exception".  Strange !!!

The contextURL is a JVM wide system property which is set once
at the beginning of the first Cactus test. After the contextURL set,
subsequent Cactus tests under the JVM use the same contextURL.

If your WAR modules are mapped to differnt contextURLs,
your test-run should be separated for each context.

hope this helps.
I may be misunderstanding your problem, though.
----
Kazuhito SUGURI