Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Bill Keese <bi...@tech.beacon-it.co.jp> on 2005/03/29 09:52:21 UTC

slide alternatives

For webdav-enabling an existing java application, I'm just wondering
what the alternatives are to Slide, . Since Slide is a content
management system with a webdav service built on top of it, it functions
well as a CMS but it's overkill when you want to Webdav-enable an
existing system. It does all sorts of user-management and
lock-management stuff that I don't want.

I feel like I just want something that converts the HTTP requests into
calls to java functions. (And also does the XML serialize/deserialize
for stuff like PROPFIND.)

Comments?

Bill

Re: slide alternatives

Posted by Bill Keese <bi...@tech.beacon-it.co.jp>.
By the way,  if there are issues with WCK, how should I report them?
Mailing list?  Bug database?

Currently I'm trying to use WCK mapping to a directory underneath my
webapp, rather than the root directory.  (IE:
http://localhost:8080/slide/myDir.)  Using the reference file store as
the store, it's not working for me.  (I did set default-servlet to false)

Re: slide alternatives

Posted by Bill Keese <bi...@tech.beacon-it.co.jp>.
Thanks Oliver.  Yeah, I understand what you are saying about duplicating
code.  But, what about just overriding the classes in package
org.apache.slide.webdav.method?  It seems like that's the code that
glues the webdav interface to the Slide CMS, so it would be a good point
to connect to my CMS rather than the slide's CMS.

Re: slide alternatives

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@gmail.com>.

Re: slide alternatives

Posted by Bill Keese <bi...@tech.beacon-it.co.jp>.