Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Javier Gonzalez <ja...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/07 22:20:14 UTC

few "fat" contexts of many "lean" contexts?

Hi,

I'm running a tomcat that provides services for a lot of clients.

Each "client" one has a number of services (via axis) on their "own"
context. Now I'm migratingto a bigger machine, and I got the doubt: is
it better (for performance) to "group as many services as possible by
context", or have each service live in it's own context?

In more general terms, is it better to group as much functionality as
possible per context, or try to separate where it can be done?

Thanks in advance,

--
Javier González Nicolini

Re: few "fat" contexts of many "lean" contexts?

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
Duplicate libraries wasting some extra memory is a tiny penalty compared to
being trapped, unable to upgrade web service when another service relies on
the same library(and is incompatible with newer versions). (Or replace
service with webapp)

-Tim

Posted by Javier Gonzalez <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.