Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Affan Qureshi <qu...@etilize.com> on 2003/04/18 12:32:42 UTC

Different Sub-menus for each tab

I have used the Tiles TabLayout and Struts-Menu and want to display a
different sub-menu under each tab when selected. But I want to group the sub
menus using the tab name. That is, I want a collection of submenus (stored
against the tab name) for each tab in menu-config.xml and want to display
the submenus as the top-level menus when the tab is selected, under that
tab.

In menu-config.xml I have:
<Menu  name="menu.taxonomy"  title="menu.taxonomy">
        <Item name="menu.taxonomy.taxonomychanges"
title="menu.taxonomy.taxonomychanges"  location="index.do?selected=8"/>
        <Item name="menu.taxonomy.attributemapping"
title="menu.taxonomy.attributemapping"  location="index.do?selected=9"/>
</Menu>

In tabLayout.jsp I will do:
<menu:useMenuDisplayer name="CoolMenu" repository="my.own.repository">
    <menu:displayMenu name="<%= name %>"/>
</menu:useMenuDisplayer>

where "name" is the Tab name I have from the SimpleMenuItem from Tiles
tiles-config.xml.

Now I want the submenus in the repository against the menu "<%= name%>" to
be displayed as top level menus.

Is this possible? What/where do I look for hints/pointers?

Thanks a lot.

Affan