Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by ir...@gmail.com on 2004/06/20 16:36:37 UTC

Runtime.exec()

Hi,

I am trying to run a seperate process using Runtime.exec() from within an XSP.

I use the following syntax:
Runtime.getRuntime().exec("exe-name args");

If I do not enclose it inside a try-catch block it tells me that it
can't find the "class" getRuntime of class Runtime.

If I DO enclose it in a try-catch, then it tells me:

 "Error compiling curve_xsp: Line 64, column 8: illegal start of type
Line 47, column 11: class org.apache.cocoon.www.stream.curve_xsp
should be declared abstract; it does not define method generate() in
interface org.apache.cocoon.generation"

Any ideas would be welcome.

TIA,
Irfan.

Re: Runtime.exec()

Posted by "John L. Webber" <Jo...@jentro.com>.
Hi Irfan,

It would be helpful if you provided a larger code snippet. It sounds
like there is some other syntax error in your page.

John

irfan.hamid@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to run a seperate process using Runtime.exec() from within an XSP.
>
> I use the following syntax:
> Runtime.getRuntime().exec("exe-name args");
>
> If I do not enclose it inside a try-catch block it tells me that it
> can't find the "class" getRuntime of class Runtime.
>
> If I DO enclose it in a try-catch, then it tells me:
>
>  "Error compiling curve_xsp: Line 64, column 8: illegal start of type
> Line 47, column 11: class org.apache.cocoon.www.stream.curve_xsp
> should be declared abstract; it does not define method generate() in
> interface org.apache.cocoon.generation"
>
> Any ideas would be welcome.

  Jentro Technologies GmbH
  John L. Webber, Software Development
  Rosenheimer Str. 145e	    81671 München
  Tel. +49 89 189 169 80     mailto:John.Webber@jentro.com
  Fax  +49 89 189 169 99     http://www.jentro.com
NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail is confidential or may
otherwise be legally privileged. It is intended for the named recipient
only. If you have received it in error, please notify us immediately by
reply or by calling the telephone number above and delete this message
and all its attachments without any use or further distribution of its
contents. Please note that any unauthorised review, copying, disclosing
or otherwise making use of the information is strictly prohibited. Thank
you.