Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2004/08/20 00:10:21 UTC

eliminating modperl-2.0/patches dir?

You discover interesting things when doing release packaging.

Apparently we had an apache patch to do static modperl for years at:
modperl-2.0/patches/link-hack.pat
I suppose it's no longer needed, right Philippe?

There is also modperl-2.0/patches/c-scan.pat which is the patch against
the original C::Scan to make it working with our source scanner, but it's
long outdated and we now have ModPerl::CScan that has all the needed
fixes. So I suppose we can nuke that patch as well.

If this directory becomes empty, should we keep it at all, in case we will
want to store some patches there? or should we just get rid of it?

Re: eliminating modperl-2.0/patches dir?

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>.

Stas Bekman wrote:
> You discover interesting things when doing release packaging.
>
> Apparently we had an apache patch to do static modperl for years at:
> modperl-2.0/patches/link-hack.pat
> I suppose it's no longer needed, right Philippe?

My godness, we sure don't need that thing around anymore, as it's patching
httpd-core among other things. It looks like a proof-of concept, like the
one I re-created when initially trying to get the static build out.

+1 to throw it out

> There is also modperl-2.0/patches/c-scan.pat which is the patch against
> the original C::Scan to make it working with our source scanner, but it's
> long outdated and we now have ModPerl::CScan that has all the needed
> fixes. So I suppose we can nuke that patch as well.

+1 (Any reasons why we couldn't get our C::Scan patches back into C::Scan ?)

> If this directory becomes empty, should we keep it at all, in case we will
> want to store some patches there? or should we just get rid of it?

Well, you can't _really_ get rid of it with CVS, can't you? Once empty, it will
just vanish until someone adds something to it once more.