Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by LAM Kwun Wa Joseph <jl...@ust.hk> on 2004/11/17 11:37:15 UTC

Tomcat 5.X always creates session for every request?

I have implemented a simple HttpSessionListener dumping every new session
created. I found that my Tomcat (tried on 5.0.2x and 5.5.4) will always
create a new session for every HTTP request, even if the JSP page doesn't
request for session and the HTTP client doesn't use cookie nor post any
session ID (e.g. direct telnet to port 80).

Are there any config params that relate to this? Thanks!

Regards,
Joseph Lam

Re: Tomcat 5.X always creates session for every request?

Posted by sven morales <ak...@yahoo.com>.
  You may want to check how your browser interprets
the encoded URL. Compare what has been sent to the
browser and what went back towards Tomcat.  I was
assisting another person the other day and we found
out that the cookie is mangled, the "~" was not
urlencoded to "%7.." something. I am not saying thats
the cause, just check and see if you can observe such
characteristics.  You can enable RequestDumperValve to
see these.

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.