Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Pika Liza <pi...@aol.com.INVALID> on 2021/02/03 14:01:22 UTC

alt-tab

Hello,

I'm using RDP on Apache Guacamole.
I want to switch tasks with alt-tab.
But it doesn't work on the remote desktop.
Should I any settings?

- Guacamole1.2.0
- CentOS7

Re: alt-tab

Posted by Pika Liza <pi...@aol.com.INVALID>.
Thank you for your reply.
I will try another OS and browser.

Thanks,

----------

On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 7:49 AM Pika Liza <pi...@aol.com.invalid> wrote:

Thank you for your advice.
It worked well.
But it's a lot of work.

As Nick said, this is entirely dependent on your local system. Guacamole already attempts to handle all keyboard input, but it's still on your OS and browser to allow those keyboard events to reach Guacamole. If your OS wants to handle Alt+Tab locally and not allow Guacamole to receive those keystrokes, it can do that.

See:

http://guacamole.apache.org/faq/#keyboard-shortcuts

- Mike

Re: alt-tab

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@glyptodon.com>.

Re: alt-tab

Posted by Pika Liza <pi...@aol.com.INVALID>.
Thank you for your advice.
It worked well.
But it's a lot of work.

Thanks,

----------

press SHIFT+ALT+CTRL -->

and then click ALT+TAB -->

Re: alt-tab

Posted by Fernando Bernain <fb...@gmail.com>.
press SHIFT+ALT+CTRL -->
[image: image.png]

and then click ALT+TAB -->
[image: image.png]

Re: alt-tab

Posted by Pika Liza <pi...@aol.com.INVALID>.
Thank you for your reply.
I understand.

Thanks,

----------

On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 9:01 AM Pika Liza <pi...@aol.com.invalid> wrote:

Hello,

I'm using RDP on Apache Guacamole.
I want to switch tasks with alt-tab.
But it doesn't work on the remote desktop.
Should I any settings?

- Guacamole1.2.0
- CentOS7

In order to (possibly) make this work, you'd have to at the very least prevent alt-Tab from being used and intercepted by your local system (where your web browser is running). If this is a Linux system, it may be possible - you can usually alter key bindings and shortcut keys pretty freely, and you might be able to get it to the point where Alt-Tab is no longer intercepted by the local system. On Windows, I'm not sure this is possible. After that, you just have to make sure the browser doesn't intercept that key combo for any reason, and then it should pass freely to the remote desktop.

There's nothing within Guacamole to change or set for this behavior - it's really dependent on making sure the local system and browser are allowing the key combo to pass through.

-Nick

Re: alt-tab

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.