Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ni...@planet.nl on 2008/02/20 09:38:46 UTC

Surefire / Surefire-report 2.4.1 and java heap space

I've updated our company pom to use surefire and surefire-report 2.4.1. We have a project with 4 modules with not much source (Like 10 to 15 classes and 10 to 15 testclasses per module). We are running a mvn site-deploy and started to run out of heap space. We have quite a few plugins running (PMD, Findbugs, Checkstyle, Qalab, Cobertura, JDepend, Javadoc, JXR and a few others)

Is it a known issue that with surefire 2.4.1 there is more memory usage?

With regards,

Nick Stolwijk

Re: Surefire / Surefire-report 2.4.1 and java heap space

Posted by VUB Stefan Seidel <ss...@vub.de>.
Hi,

I know that findbugs is crazy about memory. Maybe you are also affected
by http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-449 and
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAVADOC-171 and your plugins and tests
run too often.
You could just increase the heap size using $MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx512m

Stefan