Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "EXT-Wang, Larry L" <La...@boeing.com> on 2006/05/12 20:54:28 UTC

Using Axis2 1.0 in Oracle Application Server

Hi,

Has anyone successfully developed web services using Axis2 1.0 release
and the Oracle Application Server? I deployed the axis2.war to OC4J.
When I checked the available services - "version", I got the following
information - "Requested resource not found!". In Tomcat, I got a WSDL
back. Any idea? Then I tried to deploy the MyService.aar. The service is
faulty. The following is the information from the console:

- Invalid service  MyService.aar due to java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/ws/commons/om/OMElement
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:1655)
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetPublicMethods(Class.java:1778)
        at java.lang.Class.getMethods(Class.java:832)
        at
org.apache.ws.java2wsdl.bytecode.MethodTable.loadMethods(MethodTable.jav
a:40)
        at
org.apache.ws.java2wsdl.bytecode.MethodTable.<init>(MethodTable.java:30)
        at
org.apache.ws.java2wsdl.SchemaGenerator.<init>(SchemaGenerator.java:71)
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.util.Utils.fillAxisService(Utils.java:209)
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.ServiceBuilder.populateService(ServiceBuilde
r.java:149)
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.ArchiveReader.buildServiceGr
oup(ArchiveReader.java:76)
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.ArchiveReader.processService
Group(ArchiveReader.java:118)
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine.doDeploy(DeploymentEngine.j
ava:620)
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.WSInfoList.update(WSInfoList
.java:195)
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.RepositoryListener.update(RepositoryListener
.java:207)
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.RepositoryListener.checkServices(RepositoryL
istener.java:155)
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.RepositoryListener.startListener(RepositoryL
istener.java:199)
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.scheduler.SchedulerTask.checkRepositary(Sche
dulerTask.java:61)
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.scheduler.SchedulerTask.run(SchedulerTask.ja
va:68)
        at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.scheduler.Scheduler$SchedulerTimerTask.run(S
cheduler.java:76)

It seems that the OMElement could not be found. I believe all the
required jars are included within the axis2.war. Then why
OMElement could not be found?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Larry

Re: Using Axis2 1.0 in Oracle Application Server

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Larry,

> - Invalid service  MyService.aar due to java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/ws/commons/om/OMElement

The above exception thrown in the case of MyService.aar I'm certain
that you are using an old MyService.aar.

This is because the AXIOM packages were refactored after the 0.95
release and now they are org.apache.axiom.om.* and
org.apache.axiom.soap.*. This is available in the axiom-1.0 release
and Axis2-1.0 uses this latest axiom release.

Therefore please rebuild your MyService.aar to comply with the
axiom-1.0 release and try.

Thanks,
Ruchith

Re: Using Axis2 1.0 in Oracle Application Server

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Larry,

very fishy...Please log a JIRA bug report.

thanks,
dims