Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by fi...@hyperreal.com on 1997/04/20 06:06:32 UTC

Changed information for PR general/232

Synopsis: Apache 1.2b7/b8-dev causes Netscape to display some jpeg's as broken images

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: fielding
State-Changed-When: Sat Apr 19 21:06:31 PDT 1997
State-Changed-Why:

We have included a workaround for this Netscape bug in 1.2b9-dev.
Navigator 1.2 through 4.0b2 have a header parsing bug.
If the terminating empty-line CRLF occurs starting
at the 256th or 257th byte of output, then Navigator will think a normal
image is invalid.  We are guessing that this is because their initial
read of a new request uses a 256 byte buffer. We check the bytes written
so far and, if we are about to tickle the bug, we instead insert a
padding header of eminent bogosity.