Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/29 18:00:16 UTC

Apache Kafka Meetup today, at San Jose Convention Center

Hello Apache Kafka folks,

We invite you to join us for the March Apache Kafka Meetup today (Tuesday,
March 29) at San Jose Convention Center, starting at 6pm:

http://www.meetup.com/http-kafka-apache-org/events/229424437/

We have two great talks today:

------

Title: Introduction to Kafka Streams Abstract (by Guozhang Wang,
Confluent):

In the past few years Apache Kafka has emerged itself as the world's most
popular real-time data streaming platform backbone. In this talk, we
introduce Kafka Streams, the latest addition to the Apache Kafka project,
which is a new stream processing library natively integrated with Kafka.

Kafka Streams has a very low barrier to entry, easy operationalization, and
a natural DSL for writing stream processing applications. As such it is the
most convenient yet scalable option to analyze, transform, or otherwise
process data that is backed by Kafka. We will provide the audience with an
overview of Kafka Streams including its design and API, typical use cases,
code examples, and an outlook of its upcoming roadmap. We will also compare
Kafka Streams' light-weight library approach with heavier, framework-based
tools such as Spark Streaming or Storm, which require you to understand and
operate a whole different infrastructure for processing real-time data in
Kafka.

------

Title: Streaming Analytics at 300 billion events/day with Kafka, Samza, and
Druid (by Xavier Léauté, Metamarkets)

Abstract: Wonder what it takes to scale Kafka, Samza, and Druid to handle
complex analytics workloads at petabyte size? We will share a high level
overview of the Metamarkets realtime stack, the lessons learned scaling our
real-time processing to over 3 million events per second, and how we
leverage extensive metric collection to handle heterogeneous processing
workloads, while keeping down operational complexity and cost. Built
entirely on open source, our stack performs streaming joins using Kafka and
Samza, feeding into Druid to serve 1 million interactive queries per day.

------

Thanks,

-- Guozhang

Re: Apache Kafka Meetup today, at San Jose Convention Center

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Unfortunately it will not be recorded this time, but we will try to upload
the slides after the session.

And for those who can make it, you are NOT required a Strata pass to attend!

Guozhang