Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by jp4 <jo...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/12 16:01:13 UTC

Spring Java Configuration for CXF

I am currently using spring xml context files to configure all of my CXF
endpoints.  We are in the process of upgrading to Spring 3.1 and would like
to move away from XML configuration files in favor of the Java based
@Configuration annotated classes.  I was wondering if there is an example of
how to do properly configure the CXF bus, wire interceptors/features, and
create jaxws:endpoints using the Java based Spring configuration.

Thanks,

jp4

Re: Spring Java Configuration for CXF

Posted by jp4 <jo...@gmail.com>.
Jeff,

Thanks for the reply... I'm currently in the same boat, I have two xml
configurations left, CXF & Spring Security.  I've read an article about how
you can make the Spring Security configuration work with Scala but I haven't
seen anything on CXF.  Rather than trying to recreate what the
<jaxws:endpoint> does, I think I'll just wait until something is implemented
in CXF.

Thanks,

John

Re: Spring Java Configuration for CXF

Posted by Jeff Wang <je...@plutom.com>.
I don't believe those exist at this point.  I know that I've been
moving to @Configuration as well.  I currently still have 2 xmls, one
for CXF, the other for Spring Security.  Everything else has been
moved to Java.

Jeff

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Friday, March 16, 2012 08:21:08 AM jp4 wrote:
> I've been able to slim down my xml configuration using @InInterceptors
> @OutInterceptors and a few other annotations...  I guess what I'm really
> looking for is something like @Endpoint (address = "/Service_1_0").  I'm
> going through the process of figuring out what the code behind
> <jaxws:endpoint> does but if anyone knows of an annotation that would
> allow me to deploy my service without the <jaxws:endpoint> declaration,
> that would be very helpful!

We have a JaxWsWebServicePublisherBeanPostProcessor  thing that will publish
anything with a @WebService annotation on it.  Not really sure how it works
and maps URL's and such as I've never tried it.

Beyond that, patches are more than welcome!

Dan

> Thanks,
>
> jp4

Daniel Kulp