Posted to users@felix.apache.org by jaredmac <jm...@mathworks.com> on 2008/09/29 20:37:23 UTC

Felix should handle URL encoding

Shouldn't it? For example, I got bit by this:

java.lang.RuntimeException: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unable to
cache bundle: reference:file:/C:/Temp/osgi%20dir/test.jar

when using File.toURI() to translate a filename into a URL for installing a
bundle.

The problem is easily worked around by using File.toURL() rather than
File.toURI(), since the former doesn't escape illegal characters. But it
seems to me that Felix should accept URL encoding in the location string.

Jared

Re: Felix should handle URL encoding

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
I think this issue was just address here:

    http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-731

The change is in the trunk and should be included in the next release.

-> richard