Posted to users@maven.apache.org by dv...@phpapp.org on 2003/04/02 12:48:02 UTC

[source path] Seems that add don't work

Hi all,

I tried to make as the antlr plugin does and so i put the following in a
maven.xml file closed to my project.xml:

<project
  xmlns:maven="jelly:maven"
  xmlns:j="jelly:core"
  xmlns:u="jelly:util">

  <preGoal name="java:compile">
    <echo>Adding to the source path set.</echo>
    <maven:addPath id="maven.compile.src.set"
      refid="${maven.src.dir}/java"/>
  </preGoal>

</project>

But this doesn't seem to work. The message is well echoed but the path set does
not seem to be appended.

Does someone knows why ? And how can i debug maven script in an other way than echo.

Thanks. Didier.

Re: [source path] Seems that add don't work

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Wed, 2003-04-02 at 05:48, dvillevalois@phpapp.org wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I tried to make as the antlr plugin does and so i put the following in a
> maven.xml file closed to my project.xml:
>
> <project
>   xmlns:maven="jelly:maven"
>   xmlns:j="jelly:core"
>   xmlns:u="jelly:util">
>
>   <preGoal name="java:compile">
>     <echo>Adding to the source path set.</echo>
>     <maven:addPath id="maven.compile.src.set"
>       refid="${maven.src.dir}/java"/>
>   </preGoal>
>
> </project>
>
> But this doesn't seem to work. The message is well echoed but the path set does
> not seem to be appended.

You need to use references for both id and refid. You're using an id and
a path. There is a touchstone test for addPath which indeed verifies
addPath works correctly. Looks like this:

  <!--

   | <maven:addPath/> test.

   -->
  <goal name="test-addPath">

    <path id="testPath1">
      <pathelement location="/path1"/>
    </path>

    <path id="testPath2">
      <pathelement location="/path2"/>
    </path>

    <path id="testPath">
    </path>

    <maven:addPath id="testPath" refid="testPath1"/>
    <maven:addPath id="testPath" refid="testPath2"/>

  </goal>

> Does someone knows why ? And how can i debug maven script in an other way than echo.
>
> Thanks. Didier.

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com