Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Ha Pham <ha...@cs.utah.edu> on 2006/04/05 16:47:01 UTC

resend: using user database

Dear all,

Sorry for reraising this question, I hope some of you have faced this. Please help me. My question is: how to use DBMS user account/role in Slide ? (I have a user account database in mySQL and would like to use in Slide to replace the user accounts set on Domain.xml).

Thank you,
HaPham

RE: resend: using user database

Posted by Tarun Upadhyay <ut...@gmail.com>.
One alternative is to use Database store for /users and /roles (or wherever
you mount users and roles inside slide).

However, as the way slide stores its files is a little convoluted; this will
not give you a very simple table structure where you can easily query users
or roles from SQL directly.

For a better access, a better alternative may be to write a custom database
adapter.

I have been able to solve a similar issue by doing the following "hack" :

A) set up your slide to work on a separate security realm inside tomcat.
B) let slide autocreate all authenticated users

This works very well in the sense  that you can have a database structure
for users as you like and have only authenticated users come thru to slide.

Sadly, it does not work for roles and all users created this way  end up
having same roles.

Tarun