Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Adrian Liew <ad...@avanade.com> on 2015/10/15 08:01:06 UTC

Autostart Zookeeper and Solr using scripting

Hi,

I am trying to implement some scripting to detect if all Zookeepers have started in a cluster, then restart the solr servers. Has anyone achieved this yet through scripting?

I also saw there is the ZookeeperClient that is available in .NET via a nuget package. Not sure if this could be also implemented to check if a zookeeper is running.

Any thoughts on anyone using a script to perform this?

Regards,
Adrian

Re: Autostart Zookeeper and Solr using scripting

Posted by Scott Stults <ss...@opensourceconnections.com>.
Hi Adrian,

I'd probably start with the expect command and "echo ruok | nc <IP> <port>"
for a simple script. You might also want to try the Netflix Exhibitor REST
interface:

https://github.com/Netflix/exhibitor/wiki/REST-Cluster

k/r,
Scott

--
Scott Stults | Founder & Solutions Architect | OpenSource Connections, LLC
http://www.opensourceconnections.com